Traditional Japanese Jujutsu & Weapons: Stick, Knife, Sword, Naginata
Ancient Foundation | Modern Applications
We train several edged and non-edged systems including:
- Kenjutsu - Japanese sword fighting;
- Escrima - Filipino Knife and Stick Fighting;
- Bojutsu - Japanese staff;
- Iaijutsu - Japanese sword drawing;
- Naginata - Japanese halberd or battleaxe;
- Knife use and defence from several systems.
Mentally challenging and a total body workout, the dynamics and principles of our weapons systems can be applied to empty handed combat and modern self defence methods.
Each month we focus on a different weapons system.
What to bring
- Gi, hakama, water bottle, towel, bo, bokuto.
- Advanced: Training sword (All training weapons must be approved by the instructor)
- Loaner training weapons are available during your intro course.